Anna Rosa Parker
BIO – RESUMES – PRESS
Anna Rosa is an actress and a writer. As an actress, she’s worked on stage, in Indie films, TV, and commercials in New York, Los Angeles, Seattle and Reykjavik.
She’s written two comedies: Eat The Chicken and Fair Play that have been produced at the University of Washington’s School of Drama in Seattle.
She produced her solo show, Plums In New York twice in Iceland. Plums was produced a third time in New York, Off-Broadway, at Theatre Row. During the New York production, the play was optioned by an independent film company in New York.
As a side step from pursuing artistic endeavors, and following her passion for fashion, Anna Rosa worked for the Marketing Designer Division at Nordstrom, Inc. for three years. Among her responsibilities at Nordstrom, she managed the internal fashion education for the Designer Division. Anna Rosa also reported on NY Fashion Week for both Nordstrom.com and Fabwick.com.
Anna Rosa received her BA degree from the University of Washington’s School of Drama. She now lives in New York City with her husband and daughter where she continues to write, dream, and pursue acting.
Below is her acting resume – followed by her writing resume – followed by press/review…
THEATRE (Selected Credits)
- GOD, MAN AND DEVIL – Pesenyu — Target Margin Theater, NY, Off-Off-Broadway — Director: Donya K. Washington
- BLACK MILK — Townsperson/ensemble — Classic Stage Company, NY, Off-Broadway — Director: Michel Hausmann
- PLUMS IN NEW YORK — Solo Performance – Theatre Row, NY, Off-Broadway – Director: Hera Ólafsdóttir
- PLÓMUR Í NEW YORK — Solo Performance – The Opera House, and Tjarnabio, Iceland – Director: Hera ÓLafsdóttir
- BIG LOVE — Bride/ensemble – ACT Theatre, Seattle – Director: Brian Kulick
- SCANDINAVIAN ABSTRACT JAZZ — Solo Performance – Mae West Fest, Seattle – Director: Sarah Shipley
- DANNY AND THE DEEP BLUE SEA — Roberta/lead – Hutchinson Hall, Seattle – Director: Jack Daniel Stanley
- BALM IN GILEAD — Anne/supporting – Jones Playhouse, Seattle – Director: Valerie Curtis-Newton
- WOYZECK — Marie/lead – Hutchinson Hall, Seattle – Director: Adam Koplan
- THE LADY FROM THE SEA — Ellida/lead – Shoreline Theatre, Seattle – Director: Chris Fisher
- A DOLL’S HOUSE — Christine/supporting – Shoreline Theatre, Seattle – Director: Chris Fisher
- BLACK MOON (Cannes 2011) – principal – Director: Amie Siegel (CA)
- ELSA’S PLUMS — lead – Director: Tsvi Bokaer (NY)
- WHO IS BARDI? — guest – Director: Ragnar Bragason (Iceland)
- WHERE I WAS — lead – Production: Wiggly World (WA)
- SATCHEL OF BROKEN TOYS — guest lead – Director: Conan Crawford (WA)
- THE PARTY — guest lead – Director: Erik Bolton (WA)
- SVINASUPAN (Sitcom) – guest lead – Channel 2 (Iceland)
- TENNENT’S (Commercial) – guest – Saga Film (International)
- METRO (Commercial) – lead – Their Tveir (Iceland)
- SS SMOKED LAMB (Commercial) – lead – Storm (Iceland)
- SPRON BANK (Commercial) – lead – Storm (Iceland)
B.A. Drama, University of Washington. Shakespeare: Shanga Parker. Improv: Chris Fisher. Stanislavski: Mark Jenkins. Suzuki Training: Robyn Hunt, and Steve Pearson. Member of Pacific Performance Project East.
Speaks fluent Icelandic. *Dialects include: New York: Bronx, Scandinavian, British, French, Russian. Highly physical: Dance, Yoga, Kickboxing.
*What New York Times said about Anna Rosa’s dialects “…does good accents, those of nasal New Yorkers, a Valley Girl and an Indian taxi driver, among others, and the monotone of a homeless man on the subway“
- ZEN CITY — Teleplay, filmed in Seattle, WA (project still in process)
- MISCAST MOMENTS — Henry Art Museum, Seattle, WA, 10 min play festival (Mar 2010)
- FAIR PLAY — Meany Hall Studio Theatre, Seattle, WA (May 2008)
- EAT THE CHICKEN — Workshop Production, Penthouse Theatre, Seattle, WA (Sep 2006)
- PLUMS IN NEW YORK — Optioned by an independent film company New York City (Jul-Aug 2005), Theatre Row (Off-Broadway) New York City (Aug-Sep 2004), The Opera House, Reykjavik (Oct 2003), Tjarnabio, Reykjavik (Jun 2003)
- SCANDIANAVIAN ABSTRACT JAZZ – Excerpts used in a physical mainstage production, Theatre of NYU, New York City (Feb 2012), Mae West Fest, Union Garage, Seattle, WA (Jul 2001), Staged reading at a private residence, Seattle, WA (May 2001)
EDITORIAL – BLOG – TREATMENT
- SMUGGLER (Apr 2012) Commercial treatment.
- BLEIKT.IS (Freelance: Aug 2011 – Mar 2012) Fashion and Lifestyle contributing editor.
- FASHION NETWORK SEATTLE.COM (Freelance: Aug – Oct 2011) Contributed updates from New York Fashion Week – and wrote trend reports
- NORDSTROM.COM (Sep 2008) Covered New York fashion week – reported on specific designers and their collections.
- NORDSTROM INC– Internal Fashion Blog (May 2007 – Jul 2009) Co-created and managed a blog – and blogged about high-end designer fashion within Nordstrom, Inc.
- FABWICK.COM (Aug 2009 – Present) Created and manages a personal blog – Fashion, Lifestyle and Personal stories with humor